dawn cosgrove blog header photo home_zpsa2c6842b.png photo farm_zpsf53f47dc.png photo kitchen_zps21411204.png photo garden_zps917b659d.png photo shop_zps93157ca3.png

2014 Will be Better...


I have been spending the first few days of this new year contemplating everything I want to accomplish in 2014 and, I have to admit, it looks to be a full year!! While there were so many good moments in 2013, it really wasn't a year that I lived. And by that I mean I don't feel I actively participated in it. I sat back and watched the world go by without any inclination to be a part of what was going on around me. Sure, I had my reasons but really..isn't that quite sad? Everyone deals with grief differently and to be honest, I didn't even realize how I was affected by it til now! But that was 2013. Now I can confidently go forward and know that, even though I'm moving forward in my life, I'm not leaving that part behind. No, I'm taking him with me..I'll remember him, speak of him often and share his life's stories with my children. He will live on thru me and my stories.

So, with that..I'm moving forward. I'm making the decision to actively participate in my life again and truly enjoy each moment. When I look back thru my photos of 2012, I see excitement, joy, passion, happiness!! And I want that again, desperately!! And lets be honest...I have been given my dream life in the country..what isn't there to celebrate??

 
 

 Currently, I am trying to keep my mind busy while playing the waiting game for baby bun to arrive. Let me tell you, this may just be the hardest part about pregnancy!! His due date is tomorrow (Tuesday) but I have a feeling he's going to make us all wait just a little longer ;) So, to keep busy I have been thinking about the farm and everything I want to achieve this year. Spring has definitely filled my brain lately as I browse seed catalogs and place my orders for seeds and Spring bulbs. This Summer will be my first year in our farmhouse which means I've inherited my mother in laws beautiful garden to play and rebuild to my hearts content! I already have visions of flowers blossoming while my son and I lay on a blanket under the trees and swap stories of all the creatures we'll come across



So what do I forsee for the coming year? Well, here are a few goals of mine:

-to become the best mommy I can possibly be to our little man. To grow into motherhood one day at a time
-to share more photos. I used to share a lot more but became so busy editing other sessions, mine got left in the dust! I take thousands of photos every year, many never see the light of day (how I miss negatives some days!)
-to enjoy my garden again. Last year, I planted another garden plot like in 2012 but I barely spent the time in there that it required. Between being in my first trimester and really not caring..that poor garden was quite neglected!! Not this year! No, this year I intend to nurture my green thumb once again!
-to revel in my idyllic farm life once again. To really take in the beauty of living in the country again. Its a blessing that I've taken forgranted.
-to constantly challenge myself creatively. To continue to chase the light with my camera and always try to learn more about this passion of mine called photography
-to take more time with baking. I find it so relaxing and hubby definitely enjoys the outcome! Instead of baking to bake..I plan to enjoy it like I used to. Play my favorite Parisian cd, put on my frilly apron and challenge myself to a pie!
-to get back in to shape after baby. No specific weight loss goals...just to feel healthy and fit!
-to keep up with my Project Life album this year. I lost the motivation mid way last year and so regret it! Hopefully someday I can play catch up for 2013 but this year..I'm all about documenting, recording and reviewing!

So there are a few of my personal goals for 2014, have you made a list for yourself?
-

1 comment:

  1. Hello Dawn, YAY your blogging again and you visited my blog, YAY!! Thanks so much for the visit, it's been a long time. These posts are beautiful and so you, Dawn, man do I miss them, didn't realize how much till I saw these. Now my heart is happy and I have tears of joy knowing just how your feeling right now. It's the best feeling in the world, next to being married and holding that sweet baby the first time. Just watching you all these months have helped me remember my pregnancies and how fun it was.
    I'm so glad your writing all these thoughts down, it will help when writing in the baby books and Project Life. How fun it will be to see his baby pictures here on your blog and in your albums. So happy that PL is here for your baby at least, how lucky for you.

    Glad your staying nearby with your mom and I'm on pins and needles everyday checking my IG to see when he will arrive. Hugs and prayers for you sweet girl and baby boy!!

    This is going to be a good year Dawn, I know it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!! I appreciate hearing from you, have a great day!

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips