dawn cosgrove blog header photo home_zpsa2c6842b.png photo farm_zpsf53f47dc.png photo kitchen_zps21411204.png photo garden_zps917b659d.png photo shop_zps93157ca3.png

Chicken Pot Pie

For months now I have wanted to make a chicken pot pie from scratch. For some reason I was putting it off, maybe even a little nervous, I guess I still have a lot of doubt in my new-found cooking skills! Last night was the night though and I have to tell you, it was worth the work! The flavors were amazing and all the ingredients worked so well together, I definitely recommend this recipe if you are in the mood for some down home comfort food!! Now, I used Tenderflake deep dish 9" pie crusts for this - next time I'd like to make my own from scratch but this was perfect none-the-less


I followed the recipe to the "t" {I have included it at the end of this post} and I have to tell you, I don't think I would change a thing!! Above is the pot pie right before I placed it in the oven..

And here it is, fresh from the oven..


My hubby thought enough of this "event" to take a photo of me and my pot pie..I felt like the prize winner at the county fair ;)

See my cute new oven mitts? They've got chickens on 'em!!

And here she is folks..the finished product..YUM!


The end result? This dish was flavorful, moist and delicious! I highly recommend it and am so glad I found it through my search on Google. Want to try it out for yourself? Here's the recipe:

Chicken Pot Pie IX

1 lb chicken breasts, cubed (I used 4 chicken breasts)
1 Cup Sliced Carrots
1 Cup Frozen Peas
1/2 Cup Sliced Celery
1/3 Cup Butter
1/3 Cup Chopped Onion
1/3 Cup Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
1/4 Teaspoon Celery Seed
1 3/4 Cup Chicken Broth
2/3 Cup Milk
2 - 9" Pie Crusts

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. In a saucepan, combine chicken, carrots, peas & celery.
Add water to cover and boil for 15 minutes. Drain & set aside
3. In the saucepan over medium heat, cook onions in butter until soft
Stir in flour, salt, pepper & celery seed. Slowly stir in broth & milk
Simmer until thick. Remove and set aside
4. Place chicken mixture in bottom pie crust. Pour hot liquid mixture
over. Cover with top crust, seal edges and cut excess dough. Make small slits
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until pastry is golden & filling is bubbly
Cool for 10 minutes before serving

And thats all there is to it!! If you do happen to give this recipe a try, I'd love to hear how yours turned out!! Have a great Thursday everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!! I appreciate hearing from you, have a great day!

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips