dawn cosgrove blog header photo home_zpsa2c6842b.png photo farm_zpsf53f47dc.png photo kitchen_zps21411204.png photo garden_zps917b659d.png photo shop_zps93157ca3.png

Thankful

With tomorrow being a holiday, today is officially a "Friday" for me! I'm gearing up for another busy weekend at the farm plus our annual Easter Egg hunt here in town with all my family. The family Easter egg hunt is a tradition in our family .. one that I never want to see end! We have a home video from 1989 in my grandparents' back yard .. I was 5 & kinda cute and the video makes me smile, giggle and tear up every time I look at it. Traditions are important. Hugely important. Please don't ever stop them in your family, please create new ones and work hard at keeping them in your lives!

I'm a little sentimental today. You may have noticed ;)

Currently, I am going thru all the photographs of the 27 years I've been on this Earth. Some make me cringe, some make me want to find a match, but most make me smile and bring me back to all sorts of days when life seemed never-ending and simple! For these ones, I am thankful. I am thankful that someone thought to pick up the camera and take those shots, I am thankful that those days existed to create these memories and I am thankful that I grew up in such a loving home!

And now that I'm older, I'm thankful for this man


He is seriously everything to me .. he makes me laugh, he makes me feel loved, he gets me and I get him and he takes really, really good care of me. Every girl wants to marry someone like her daddy when they are older..and let me tell you, he's "The One" .. words cannot express how truly, madly, deeply I am in love with this man ..my beau, my farmer, my hubby-to-be!

And of course, I'm thankful for this little man


He is a furball, a lab, a puppy at heart and my baby. I adopted him almost 4 years ago now from the local animal shelter..and let me tell you, I think he's saved me more than I ever saved him! He is my constant companion, my buddy, my fellow foodie and snuggle buddy. He gets me out walking, we have one sided conversations often and when I made the big decision to leave my 9 year relationship and start fresh..I couldn't have done it without him! I don't fear living alone because he protects me, he waits for me til I come home from work every day, he guards our home and he loves me unconditionally. *sigh*

And this


I'm thankful for this relationship..this amazing, amazing relationship! I envied my grandparents and my parents..they had a love I thought I would never attain .. but I watched, I listened, I learned and I went with my gut and I found him..the love of my life. There is a peace that now exists in my life, its comforting and exciting and we are going to have an amazing life together, we just know it ;)

Wherever you are .. I hope you have a lot to be thankful for today too!! Have a great Easter weekend everyone..Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!! I appreciate hearing from you, have a great day!

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips