dawn cosgrove blog header photo home_zpsa2c6842b.png photo farm_zpsf53f47dc.png photo kitchen_zps21411204.png photo garden_zps917b659d.png photo shop_zps93157ca3.png

Something Near and Dear to Me..

Hey Everyone! Happy Thursday!

Today I did something I feel absolutely wonderful about. Our local newspaper reported this morning that our SPCA desperately needed cat food both dry and wet and they needed immediate assistance. Without hesitation, a few of the ladies and I at my office scrounged up some money and after work we went and bought loads of cat goodies and took it over to them! They were so appreciative and it really felt amazing to do something so selfless!

When I was younger, I vowed that when I could afford it.. I would do everything I could to support the SPCA. And now that I can, there really isn't anything better! 2 years ago, we adopted Jake (who has been the most unbelievably loyal and loving dog I have ever had) and last May and now this Sunday we have entered into the SPCA Dog Jog, a fundraiser for the shelter to buy medicines, food, beds etc. Its a great afternoon event where we load up the doggies, head down to the park and walk!! I raised $740 this year and I'm so proud of everyone who pledged me!! This money will go towards a very deserving business.
I decided that I wanted to create a line of pet cards and thought I would share this simple one for tonight. When a pet comes into our lives, they become a part of our families. And the only unfortunate thing is that they too often leave us way too soon. This card was created as a Pet Sympathy card, and I know that it will be used in the future when someone needs a little extra comfort

I used my With Sympathy: Loss of Pet set from Papertrey Ink, some Kraft cardstock and patterned paper to create this simple card and finished it off with a Vintage Button..
I'm sure we've all experienced a loss like this and although cards can't make it all better, they definitely let you know that you aren't alone!! If you have a pet, give 'em a cuddle tonight..for they truly are 'man's best friend'!
Happy Crafting Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!! I appreciate hearing from you, have a great day!

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips