dawn cosgrove blog header photo home_zpsa2c6842b.png photo farm_zpsf53f47dc.png photo kitchen_zps21411204.png photo garden_zps917b659d.png photo shop_zps93157ca3.png

A Penguin Birthday

I have to admit that I often have a hard time making masculine cards. I don't know what it is but when I'm in need of one, I often just sit and stare at my stash of goodies in complete wonder! This time though, I was so excited because I love my Cat's Pajama's stamps and I knew they would be perfect for this exact card! A few years ago I moved to Victoria, BC and it was a life changing experience for me. I met some amazing friends that I still keep in contact with and every year I make sure to send them a handmade card to let them know I'm thinking of them on their special day. Last year I was running behind and ended up sending a store bought card (!) and I never heard the end of it. So this year, I came prepared :)



I rounded up my Smokey Shadow cardstock and some star patterened papers and then inked up these stamps. I cut the sentiment and border out with my Sm. Circle Nestabilities and coloured my image in with Copics. For an added embellishment I placed "New Leaf" buttons on the bottom corner.



The finishing touch was using Liquid Applique for the cupcake frosting. Just lightly squeeze the product on to the surface you desire and set aside. Once it is dried completely, use your heating gun and watch the applique bubble up! Isn't it great? Give it a few minutes to dry and then once its cool to the touch your good to go!



Matty should be receiving this card in about a week's time and I truly hope he loves this card that was made especially for him. Happy Birthday Matty ;)



Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!! I appreciate hearing from you, have a great day!

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips