dawn cosgrove blog header photo home_zpsa2c6842b.png photo farm_zpsf53f47dc.png photo kitchen_zps21411204.png photo garden_zps917b659d.png photo shop_zps93157ca3.png

Happy Birthday Daddio!


My daddio turned '52' today! It's not a special number by any means, but it sure means a whole lot to my family that we are celebrating today. Last July, my dad went in for a routine physical and came out with an appointment for a colonoscopy. 3 months later, on October 8th, my dad was diagnosed with Colon Cancer.. and I was devastated. I remember that day vividly and something tells me I always will. When my dad told me he had cancer, I felt the like the world below me opened up and swallowed me whole...fastforward to January and dad started a heavy round of chemotherapy and radiation and for 6 weeks lived by the Foothills Hospital in Calgary for his treatments. It was hard on him, but you couldn't tell from talking to him, his spirits were up and he knew he could pull through this.

On April 14th, dad went in for surgery and thankfully they were able to remove the cancer! My dad is now 100% cancer free! He is slowly healing from surgery and getting used to a new lifestyle that having colon cancer gives you, but he is doing amazing and I am so proud of him!

My dad is one amazing man, he's always been there for my family and me and never asked for much in return. Family is the most important thing to him and he and my mom have the kind of love only few of us could ever be blessed to have, let alone witness! His life is a blessed one and so is anyone's whose lives he's touched!

For his birthday card, I went with his favorite sport of golf and chose Taylored Expressions 'Boys Will be Boys' stamp set. This set is ingenious! It has everything you need for masculine birthdays, Father's Day cards..you name it!

I used Vintage Cream for my card base, then layered Creative Imaginations 'Old Guys Rule" golf patterned papers in the background. I stamped my image and sentiment from the 'Boys will be Boys' set and finished it off using my nesties, some New Leaf green ribbon and New Leaf vintage buttons! I love how this card turned out and I can't wait for him to see it tonight!



I'm off to enjoy my evening and a walk with the pooch! Have a great Monday night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!! I appreciate hearing from you, have a great day!

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips