dawn cosgrove blog header photo home_zpsa2c6842b.png photo farm_zpsf53f47dc.png photo kitchen_zps21411204.png photo garden_zps917b659d.png photo shop_zps93157ca3.png

The Christmas Dress

Hello my friends!

I am so sorry that I have been MIA on the blog here...trust me, I had huge plans for making everything festive..every post was going to be filled with sparkle and cheer. Holiday recipes, decoration ideas, December Favorites posts, cards, etc...and what happened? Well, its officially December 17th..Christmas {my most favorite time of year} is coming up in 8 days and..I have zero Christmas spirit. Gifts are bought but not one is wrapped & under the tree. One batch of holiday cookies has been baked, Christmas cards were {thankfully} ordered in November and so have been sent out to friends and family. I'm trying desperately to get some Christmas spirit going here, but this year..its just too dang hard. Its the circumstances of the year and our family health issues so I'm okay with it..but it sure does make me sad that this beautiful holiday...the one I get giddy for by August and wait all year long for, has passed me by.

But - we still have a few days so I'm going to try my best. First and foremost, I would like to thank each and every one of you for all your kind emails, comments, messages, etc about my dad. It has been more appreciated than you will ever know. My dad is still in the hospital, recovering, but Adam & I came home last Wednesday and have been busy running errands and working on the dome. I swear, no one here realizes its Christmas soon either! I will be writing a post about my dad's surgery and what we've been up to for these last 2 weeks but, I'm just need ready to write it out yet so until then, lets look at a little festive layout I completed a few weeks ago using my new American Crafts stash and a Christmas photo of my mom, 4 years old, in her Christmas dress!! The year was 1963 {sorry mom for aging you, lol}

 
I love this layout! Its a little bit busy compared to my usual style - but I couldn't resist! I just kept adding more and more patterns, I was having so much fun!
 
 
Those wood veneer stars from Studio Calico? Yeah..I'm hoarding them ;)
 
 
Ugh..I just love every aspect of this layout. The black and white polka dot thickers for "1963" just seemed like the perfect vintage embellishment to mark the photos' date
 
 
And thats my very first Christmas layout of the year!! Thanks so much for stopping by everyone!!
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Welcome back Dawn. Your layout is gorgeous. I love seeing "older" photos scrapped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi my friend :)
      Thank you so much! I've missed being here ;) and yes - I think it's so much fun to bring vintage photos back into our scrapbooks! Love it!

      Delete
  2. I may sound like a stalker, but I've been worried about you/your family. So happy to hear that you're just human like the rest of us and get busy! So far I am a VERY sporadic beginning blogger, I think its been 7 months since I blogged! Keep thinking about it, just never quite get it done!

    Glad to hear that your dad is doing ok, love your layout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa!
      Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving comments..it makes me smile! You are so sweet! I appreciate it so much!
      Yes, blogging takes up more time then we sometimes have in a day - especially this time of year ;) I will be stopping by your blog as well - can't wait to get to know you better! Take care!

      Delete
  3. Hope your dad is doing well. This page is beautiful. I love the banner. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marie!
      Thank you so, so much for stopping by!! Your thoughts are appreciated :) Merry Christmas to you as well!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!! I appreciate hearing from you, have a great day!

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips