dawn cosgrove blog header photo home_zpsa2c6842b.png photo farm_zpsf53f47dc.png photo kitchen_zps21411204.png photo garden_zps917b659d.png photo shop_zps93157ca3.png

One Crazy Year...

 

I can't believe it..but today is Adam & I's 1st Wedding Anniversary!! We have officially been married for a year..how did that happen? On one hand it feels as though our wedding day was light years away, on the other hand..it feels like just yesterday I was walking down the aisle towards him. I still remember waking up, just like it was any other day and feeling kind of shocked that my wedding day, a day I had dreamt about since childhood, was upon me.

It was an amazing day, everything went off perfectly {except it was so freaking cold!!} I had no complaints, I was beyond thrilled! My girls came over in the morning and we got our hair done, did our makeup and relaxed until it was time to get dressed. When it came time for the flowers to be delivered there was a minor hiccup when the flowers were 100% delivered to Adam instead of me but, other than that..not a hitch!

When it came time to get in to the limo I was a nervous wreck. All those people, staring at me, what if I fainted? What if I needed to sit down? The nerves, people...they almost killed me! But, we pulled up and it was showtime! I remember holding on to my dad for dear life as he walked me down the aisle. There was loved ones all around me but I only saw him, my future husband. His eyes had teared up and his face was glowing..I kept it together until it came time for dad to give me away..

The ceremony went quickly. Before I knew it, we were husband and wife!! And, as those fairytales say...we lived happily ever after....

Okay so that isn't true. Yes we are happy...beyond happy..actually we are one of those touchy feely couples that make other people sick {I'm sorry in advance if you are one of those people!} but our story hasn't always been lollipops and sunshine, let me tell you! They say the first year of marriage is hard and ours rang true to that! Making an adjustment from living in the city to living on a farm is huge..it was so hard for the first few months! Living right next to my inlaws, while at most times has been a huge blessing, it has also been a huge adjustment. We have gone days where I had major doubts and questions and its been hard..really hard. But then, all I have to do is look over at my husband and see his smiling face and I am reassured that this is all worth it. He is worth it. And all my questions, fears & doubts fly out the window..

So here we are..our first year of marriage is in the books. We did it..and we are more in love than ever! I am the luckiest woman in the world to be married to my farmer...I can't say it enough how amazing he is...

We did it babe!! On the the next 60 years we go!!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Dawn:-) They say that the first 7 years are the most difficult. My DH and I have been married for 34 years and we have grown so much together that we finish each others sentences and know what the other is going to say before we say it. Uncanny and I wouldn't change it for the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations Lynette!! I cannot wait to say Adam & I are celebrating out 34th wedding anniversary ;) my mom & dad just celebrated their 34th last month too!!
      Thank you for the congrats, it's hard to believe we are already celebrating..time truly goes fast when we're having fun!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Dawn,
    CONGRATS!!!! THIS IS SOOOOOO EXCITING!!! I LOOVE READING OUR LOVE STORY, THAT FIRST YEAR IS A TOUGH ONE AND YOU ARE DOING GREAT!! love love seeing all these wedding pictures, STUNNING YOU ARE!!!

    HOORAY FOR HOLIDAY CARDS, I PEEKED AT THEY ARE AMAZING AND FUN AND CUTE....love all the kraft and red!!!

    I will mention this on my blog, sorry for the late reply. Sending you an email later too.

    Coming back to comment more, gotta go wake up the kids for school. I LOVE LOVE YOUR TREE AND LIGHTS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!! I appreciate hearing from you, have a great day!

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips