dawn cosgrove blog header photo home_zpsa2c6842b.png photo farm_zpsf53f47dc.png photo kitchen_zps21411204.png photo garden_zps917b659d.png photo shop_zps93157ca3.png

The Year I Baked: Apple Crisp


I have always considered myself a baker. For as long as I could remember, I have either been helping my mom or grandmother bake up delicious treats or heating up my own oven to create gooey brownies, deliciously frosted cupcakes or chocolatey chip cookies to share with family and friends. Now that I am a wife to a very hungry farmer, I find myself baking more and more but realized that my skills have only been perfected when it comes to cookies, cakes, brownies or cupcakes and I've come to the realization that I'd like to be challenged more to see what I could really do.

With that said, I am excited to introduce to you a new project for my blog entitled

"The Year I Baked"

I have begun making a list of all kinds of goodies I have never made before and am challenging myself to create  & record this year and share with you all my successes {and failures}, here on my blog. My first challenge? Something easy... Apple Crisp!! I made it last night and found out it is a favorite of my hubby's! Needless to say, he was a very happy man at dinner last night ;)

To begin, slice up your apples


Mix all your dry ingredients together..



Place your apples on the bottom of a baking dish {I added a teaspoon of sugar on top, just to sweeten the deal}



Then cover with the dry ingredients and bake to perfection



Serve with half & half or vanilla ice cream and ENJOY!!



Just the smell of this baking in our oven last night was enough to make me want to pull it out and eat it all with a fork...it was that delicious. If you are craving something flavorful and sweet, this recipe is for you!! Enjoy!!

Mom's Apple Crisp

1 Cup Oatmeal
1 Cup Brown Sugar
3/4 Cup Flour
1 1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
2/3 Cup butter, melted
5-6 Apples

1) Peel and slice apples into wedges, place inside bottom of baking dish
2) Mix remaining ingredients together in a large bowl
3) Cover apples with crust, pack it down as much as possible
4) Place in a 350 degree oven for 35-40 mins and serve warm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!! I appreciate hearing from you, have a great day!

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips