dawn cosgrove blog header photo home_zpsa2c6842b.png photo farm_zpsf53f47dc.png photo kitchen_zps21411204.png photo garden_zps917b659d.png photo shop_zps93157ca3.png

Holiday Style & a Card

Happy Tuesday Everyone!!

Hope you all enjoyed a beautiful long weekend :) As this was my first long weekend at the farm, I have to admit that I almost forgot it was a holiday weekend altogether! Days seem to run in to one another here..and thats alright with me ;)

This morning, I woke up to an email regarding October Afternoon's "Holiday Style" line being released for Pre-Orders and I have to admit..I think I've been living under a rock! As you may very well know, I am a little "obsessed" with October Afternoon. Their lines are always so beautiful and I always make sure I stock up on them...some may even call me a collector more than anything!! But, how is it that I never heard of Holiday Style until today?! Where on Earth have I been?? But, sure enough..I clicked on that link and my heart skipped a beat..this line is beautiful!! My favorite Holiday release of the year by far! Of course, I stocked up..so excited for it to ship near the end of the month!! Have you seen it? Not to worry if you haven't..I've got you covered!!

This, my friends, is:


Walking the downtown sidewalks that are freshly covered with a light powder of snow. Shopping bags in one hand and your child's hand in the other. On the corner you hear a choir singing Silver Bells. Along with others, you stop to look at the department store holiday window displays. Lines out the store doors of families waiting to see Santa. You can feel it in the air. It is Christmas time in the City. It is times like this that you wax nostalgic of being a kid yourself during the holidays. That is Holiday Style, the latest holiday collection from October Afternoon.



Although it isn't until next Christmas that I am hoping we'll make it to NYC, doesn't the above paper, City Sidewalks", make you want to go now? I have wanted to go to NYC at Christmastime for years now..and this line makes me even more excited!


I am a sucker for anything vintage, especially at Christmas and this paper, Toyland, is perfect!


Here is the entire paper pad..trust me, it is gorgeous!!


Okay, confession time: I may have snatched 3 packages of miscellany...yep, 3. I couldn't stop myself!! How awesome is this?!

So...what do you think of the new line? Are you helping yourself to some Holiday Style this coming Christmas? I can't wait to see what everyone does with this line!!

Alright..I also have a festive card to share with you all today. As I have been in the Holiday mood lately, I couldn't help myself once my new Papertrey Ink stamps came in the mail last month and made 4 cards in one quick sitting...I love when that happens!


I don't know about you but for me, when it comes to Christmas, the more traditional the better. Yeah some color combos on the trees look gorgeous, but for me? I'm all about the good 'ol red & green. And making my cards on Kraft just makes it that much richer!


I die cut my holly leaves and berries using PTI's dies and my Cuttlebug. I love how the felt gives the card a nice cozy feeling!! Of course some Stardust Stickles on the berries didn't hurt either ;)


On the inside, I stamped PTI's Holly Jolly border with New Leaf Green and dotted the berries with red Liquid Pearls to give it some dimension. I have to admit..I really, really love this card!!

So how about you? Have you gotten in to the Holiday spirit yet?? Happy Crafting Everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!! I appreciate hearing from you, have a great day!

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips