dawn cosgrove blog header photo home_zpsa2c6842b.png photo farm_zpsf53f47dc.png photo kitchen_zps21411204.png photo garden_zps917b659d.png photo shop_zps93157ca3.png

A Not so Summery Sunday

So its the middle of August and all I want is to put on fleecy clothing, make a bowl of popcorn and curl up under a blankie to watch a movie. It is so cold here this weekend..its making me think of Fall. Now, don't get me wrong.. I love Autumn, in fact September to December is my absolute favorite time of the year. But because I live in Canada..I want my summer to be HOT.. we all know that Canadians go through on average sometimes 8 months of cold, dreary weather..so those few, hot dry months of summer is somewhat of a commodity around here..

But nevertheless, this weather made me start thinking about the upcoming season and I created this beautiful card for Thanksgiving/Fall..


I made the card base out of Kraft paper from PTI to give it a naturalistic/rustic touch and of course, you can't have Fall without Chocolate Brown cardstock, which I then ran through my Cuttlebug with my Autumn Sayings folder...


The patterned paper was just purchased at Michaels and the stamps were a new release set by Stamping Up, called "Falling Leaves" which I stamped in Ripe Avocado, Pure Poppy and Cognac inks, all from PTI


To finish off the rustic charm, I tied off PTI's Rustic Twine..


I'm off to finish orders but then I think I'm going to follow through on the popcorn and a movie this afternoon!! Enjoy your Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!! I appreciate hearing from you, have a great day!

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips