dawn cosgrove blog header photo home_zpsa2c6842b.png photo farm_zpsf53f47dc.png photo kitchen_zps21411204.png photo garden_zps917b659d.png photo shop_zps93157ca3.png

It's Friday!

Happy Friday Everyone!

Tonight is a beautiful start to a long weekend here, the temperature is fairly warm, the sun is shining and there's just that feeling you get when you know you have 3 days ahead of you to do absolutely anything you want!

On my drive home from work today, I noticed a lot of people pulling their trailers behind them, heading for the highway for what they hope to be a great weekend of camping. As May Long (aka Victoria Day) marks the first long weekend of Spring/Summer, its often a tradition to pack up your friends or family and head for the hills! To celebrate, I decided to use my 'Mr. Campy' papers and stamp set to make this cutie of a card..



I used Vintage Cream for the card base and all other supplies were from the 'Mr. Campy' line. As the papers are a very cool retro pattern, I ran brown ink along the base to add to the vintage feel as well as stitched around the background to give it a homespun look..I love this card so much!



Here's just a closer look at the stitching..



These papers really reminded me of spending my childhood at Elkwater Lake, which is just 45 minutes away from here. We had a cabin out there and our whole extended family would spend our time there building forts, running down to the corner store for candies, building sand castles at the beach and just having good old fashion fun! I miss those days :) In fact, my cousin found this oldie but goodie of all of us cousins on the deck of our cabin, posing with my Grandma and Grandpa Petrick who have since passed away.. I'm the little lady on the left with my grandpa!



I hope you enjoy this weekend no matter what you do..take the time to relax and enjoy those around you. And if you get a chance? Snap a few pictures for good memories like this one above..you never know when it will mean a whole lot more to you!!

Happy Crafting Everyone!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!! I appreciate hearing from you, have a great day!

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips