dawn cosgrove blog header photo home_zpsa2c6842b.png photo farm_zpsf53f47dc.png photo kitchen_zps21411204.png photo garden_zps917b659d.png photo shop_zps93157ca3.png

Week in the Life - Wednesday & Thursday photos

Well, its Friday..only the weekend left for this project and I am enjoying it but looking forward to it coming to an end. It is a very intensive project and if you get behind uploading your photos, even if for only a day..man its hard to catch up with a baby needing you to be present at all times!  I am struggling dividing up the free time I have during naps to clean/cook/do chores/edit photo sessions plus edit my own sessions. But..I am still taking photos and jotting down notes...I haven't given up and that is huge for me!

Wednesday was kind of a mix between absolutely horrible and really relaxing and enjoyable. I woke up twice during the night to the sound of a pack of coyotes in our yard..I knew instantly what was happening and I felt so helpless at 1:00 am. I woke up to catch the sunrise and one coyote was still in the yard...I lost 9 roosters that night. I called Adam to come and shoot the one that still lingered in our yard but, after firing two shots and missing..the coyote was long gone.


Other than that..Wednesday during the day was nice and quiet. We had no appointments or anywhere to be so..we just took time to be. I distinctly remember bring hudson into our bedroom around 11 am when the sun was shining through our windows so perfectly warm and we played and giggled and snuggled under homemade afghans and I soaked in every precious moment of that time with him. Then Adam came home for lunch and joined in on the snugglefest...it was a good morning

The afternoon passed in a blur. That evening, my 3 remaining roosters wouldn't come up to the house for the night like they had the previous two nights (thus the reason they survived) and I panicked, knowing the coyotes would come back. So we put Hudson down to sleep at 7 and went out with flashlights to wrangle up my 3 musketeers..and I only found 1. I was heartbroken. So we brought him home and he wandered around til I let him in the porch..funniest sight ever..


So we picked him up and locked him in the coop and then went searching one last time for my remaining two. I felt hopeful but worried. Well, the golden retriever found then roosting in the trees and grabbed one...I listened in horror as he drug it away. I bawled. I was angry. But I saved the other remaining rooster and placed him in the coop as well. 10 roosters down in one day...ugh

Anyways..Wednesday...not my favourite day. But I still captured some favourite photos!!




Now Thursday...Thursday was a good day. We woke up to some delicious morning fog that I had to chase, then we snuggled up and kept warm til it was time to head to town as a family for Hudsons next immunizations (not mommy's favourite part of the day, nor daddy or Hudsons!) Then we took off to Montana to grab our mail and even to grab lunch. (side note: we have eaten out a TON this week, which is hilarious because we NEVER do!) Then we came home and carved pumpkins..I get pretty sentimental about celebrating all of Hudson's firsts and so excited to document some of them this week in our album!!

And so with that...here is Thursday:


Happy Halloween everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!! I appreciate hearing from you, have a great day!

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips