dawn cosgrove blog header photo home_zpsa2c6842b.png photo farm_zpsf53f47dc.png photo kitchen_zps21411204.png photo garden_zps917b659d.png photo shop_zps93157ca3.png

360 in 180

Hey everyone!!

We are still under quite a bit of snow here at the farm but the temperatures are rising, the birds are chirping and the dirt roads are drying out..a little, Spring is on its way! I'm getting very excited for the snow to melt so that I can get in to my garden, till up last years stubble and plant my new garden for 2013...I'm hoping it will be just as beautiful as last years ;) With the warmer weather arriving, my thoughts have turned once again to bettering myself. Those of you who were with me here last Spring may recall my personal challenge, 302 in 152 .. I {like usual} didn't fully stick with the challenge but this year, I'm really hoping I do. This year, I'm starting early {yesterday} therefore the challenge has changed to 360 in 180..walk 360 miles in 180 days. Thats 2 miles each day from yesterday to the first day of Fall, September 22, 2013.

Yesterday I was really happy to find the dirt road I walk on to be mostly dry {somewhat still frozen} so I gathered my boys and away we went!


This year I do have a more specific goal in mind. My weight has slowly been creeping up over the last 3 years and enough is enough! Thankfully, I have already been able to officially lose 12 pounds {whew!} and now its on to my next goal..another 18. I will take it slowly and celebrate in every small victory, but I know it will be worth it because I know I will feel so much better as the pounds keep falling off. So, if you are like me and would like to just feel better about yourself..I really hope you join me in this challenge. It takes a mere 30-40 minutes out of your day, theres no race, no set speed..just get out and go for a walk! You'll be so thankful you did!

Me, 12lbs down

And, if you are on Instagram, join me in posting a daily photo of your walk with the hash tag #360in180..I can't wait to see your posts! 2013 is our year ladies..can't wait for the fun to begin!

6 comments:

  1. Ok Dawn I will try, I hate walking but I need to lose a real lot more than 12 pounds, I will start as soon as my back is better, I'm hoping with a 6day break it will be good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Linda, yay!! So excited for you to join me! We can motivate each other to keep going! I love to walk, hate to run :) and, I prefer to get my miles in right away at the start of my day so that I'm done and can go on with my day!
      I hope your back is better soon!!

      Delete
    2. oh thank you, it is quite a bit better today, i am going to take it easy over the easter break and hopefully it will be as good as new by wednesday. And i just have to start by walking around the block as exercise is not my favourite pastime.

      Delete
  2. Well done on the weight loss.

    Wishing you a wonderful Easter weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the 12 pounds and good luck with the rest! Sounds like a fun goal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post, those shadow pictures are always a favorite for me. Count me in too, already started at the track but now the COLD COLD weather and WIND is back, so will start back up again after Disney. Although I guess Disney will count since we will be walking all day, YEA!! I was so hoping to walk at the track this week but not sure I can take the cold.

    Congrats Dawn, your doing great, keep it up and we can all motivate each other. HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!! I appreciate hearing from you, have a great day!

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips