dawn cosgrove blog header photo home_zpsa2c6842b.png photo farm_zpsf53f47dc.png photo kitchen_zps21411204.png photo garden_zps917b659d.png photo shop_zps93157ca3.png

Sunflower Fields Forever


I love me some sunflowers. Ever since I can remember, the sunflower has probably been my #1 flower..ever. Its sunny, cheerful, happy, beautiful..it just lights up your day when you have a vase full of sunflowers around, don't you think?

Last November, on our honeymoon thru France and Italy, I was hoping/praying to come across a field full of sunflowers {like you see in all the movies}. Well, we were about 3 months late {turns out they have similar seasons to us..haha} but what has shocked me the most since then is that not ten minutes from our farm, there is a gigantic field of the most beautiful sunflowers I have ever seen. The reason I'm shocked? We are dirt farmers down here {ie: no irrigation - strictly reliant on Mother Nature herself} and I never thought I'd see the day a field of sunflowers would be planted here, but I am oh so glad they are! A few mornings ago I loaded up my boys {Simon & Jake) and we headed over to the field so that I can walk amongst the sunflowers and be in my peaceful glory. I took about a hundred photos and just smiled the entire time I was there. Of course afterwards I called my farmer and demanded we plant sunflowers next year, to which he replied his usual, "No prob, babe|





Now, if you could have a field of whatever you wanted..what would it be?!

1 comment:

  1. Stunning photos Dawn....and sunflowers never cease to make me feel happy. They are so sunny.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!! I appreciate hearing from you, have a great day!

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips