dawn cosgrove blog header photo home_zpsa2c6842b.png photo farm_zpsf53f47dc.png photo kitchen_zps21411204.png photo garden_zps917b659d.png photo shop_zps93157ca3.png

The Year I Baked: Deep Dark Chocolate Cookies


Its been quite a while since I shared any of my baking photos/recipes with you so I thought I would blog about some amazing chocolate crinkle cookies I whipped up on Monday for my inlaws and hubby. The recipe yields 18 cookies and within half an hour I was down by half! If that is any indication to you how good these cookies are, well then..get baking!! Warning: These are extremely chocolatey..and best served warm so their gooeyness is appreciated to its fullness!!


I didn't take any photos of the actual prep work because it was very messy and my fingers were full of meringue and/or chocolate. But the recipe is super easy to follow and when you are all done, this is what they should look like, before hitting the oven


Bake for only 10 minutes (or until they are puffy and the tops have cracked), let them cool for about 10 mins on the pan before removing to a cooling rack {mine honestly didn't get this far!}


And then enjoy with an ice cold glass of milk..trust me, you'll be glad you poured it before eating!! Enjoy!

Deep Dark Chocolate Cookies

Nonstick Spray
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
3 large egg whites
2 cups icing sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 large baking sheets with non stick spray. Melt 1 cup chocolate chips in a glass bowl in the microwave, stirring twice for approx 2 minutes
Using electric mixer, beat egg whites til they form soft peaks. Gradually beat in 1/2 cup icing sugar. Continue beating until the mixture resembles marshmallow creme
Whisk 1 cup icing sugar, cocoa, cornstarch & salt in bowl. On low speed, beat dry ingredients into meringue
Stir in lukewarm chocolate and 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Place 1/2 cup of icing sugar in a bowl. Roll 1 tablespoon dough into a ball; roll in sugar, coating thickly. Place on baking sheet
Bake until puffed and tops crack, about 10 mins

recipe from divine baking

1 comment:

  1. These look and sound YUMMY!!! Thanks for sharing them with us. I was craving choclate today and bought a box brownie mix for tonight or tomorrow, now I really want choclate.

    I love milk with my goodies also!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!! I appreciate hearing from you, have a great day!

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips