dawn cosgrove blog header photo home_zpsa2c6842b.png photo farm_zpsf53f47dc.png photo kitchen_zps21411204.png photo garden_zps917b659d.png photo shop_zps93157ca3.png

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #15


2 posts in one day!! Woo hoo!!

I haven't participated in Dawn McVey's color challenges all summer so I thought I'd try my hand at it once again :) We have been invited to a neighbor's house for a fun, old fashioned barbeque so I thought I should pick up a bouquet of beautiful flowers and make a card to thank my gracious hostess for opening up their home to us. And since summer barbeques always remind me of days gone by, I thought I'd try my hand at a little bit more of a vintage look with this challenge..

I used Papertrey Ink's Everyday Button Bits for the floral image and their Mega Mixed Messages stamp set for the sentiment..



PTI's Vintage Buttons in Melon Berry and Hibiscus allowed me to incorporate more color, in smaller doses..which is perfect in these kinds of challenges when you have know idea how to bring them all together!


I stamped the sentiment in Hibiscus ink onto Vintage Cream cardstock as well..



And to finish off my card, I stamped Polka Dot Basics ll onto Versmark ink and heat embossed it with filigree clear embossing powder.. I love the look it gives my cards!!


So that's my submission for this weeks' challenge! What do you think?
Have a great Sunday everyone!

13 comments:

  1. your hostess will love that sweet card! very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that embossed background! Such an easy way to add another layer! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty. you used the colors perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful! I love the polka dotted paper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever idea to heat emboss. The texture is lovely...the design as a whole is gorgeous. Very inspired :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my God, I love this card!!! It's perfectly executed, the blend of the colours in the combo is perfect and the embossed ploka dots are just *so* classy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your flowers, buttons and great embossing on the cream. Way to rock this color combo challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great card, love your embossed polka dots!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! The flowers with buttons are so adorable. Wonderful use of the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! I love the cream polka dots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning Card. Loved it. I know what you mean about mixing colors in small doses :) Loved the embossed polka dots. I got this set recently myself and interested to try out your technique. Great card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!! I appreciate hearing from you, have a great day!

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips